Saturday, September 6, 2014

Learning the Shapes in Kindergarten

Recently, I wrote a post of teaching the basic shapes to Preschoolers or Pre-K.  I decided to include what I did with my kindergartener on a separate post since I want to include the pictures to show you what we did.


The main song we are using for learning the basic shapes is from YouTube, called Cancion de las Figuras - Formas y Figuras.






So I wrote the list of the shapes in the same order they were presented in the video. We have been learning ordinal numbers so this was a good opportunity to use: primero, segundo, tercero, cuarto AND first, second, third, and fourth.











This was a great to practice to: 

  • writing new words in two different languages. 
  • drawing the shapes
  • drawing an object with the shape 
  • saying the names of the shapes in English and Spanish 




No comments:

Post a Comment