Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Coloring for Christmas

Today the children worked on coloring Christmas lightbulbs. I used the same worksheet for my three kids (Kindergarten, Preschool, and Toddler) and it worked just fine. 
I set different goals for each of them using the same material and I have to tell you that I was delighted to be able to have all three of them work on the same thing. It was a breeze today!



I'll explain to you what I did: 

Kindergarten: 

- Read the names of the colors in English and Spanish
- Read the syllables to help decode the name of the color. 
- Later on, we are going to work on writing the names of the colors. 

Preschool: 

- Tell me the name of the color in English and or Spanish. Since my son doesn't read yet, I read the name of the color for him. For example: I said "rojo, what is that in English?" then he told me. Then I would say "This is going to be blue, what is that in Spanish?" 
- Look for the correct color to match the one he was told. 
- Color the lightbulb trying to stay within the lines. 

Toddler: 

- I said the name of the color and asked him to find the right color. 
- Color in the lightbulb. A few times, he wanted to color some place else, but this activity was to help him work on following directions. He did just fine. 

Want to try it at home with your kids or at your school? 






Fabi 

No comments:

Post a Comment