Saturday, October 11, 2014

Top 5 Free Contraction Activities for Centers and File Folder Games

The following are free activities that I have found and have been using to teach contractions at home. Thanks to each of the creators for making these activities available! Hope these are useful to you as well! 





1.   Contractions Cut and Paste - Great for Kinesthetic Learners, Center Work, and for additional reinforcement. Get it Free here



2. Contractions for a Rainy Day - Free .pdf file created by Caitlyn Jackson. Colorful and fun way to have students or children at home practice how to match contractions. This is one I am using as a File Folder Game at home with my kids!  Get it free through her TpT store here.





3. will : This file I am using as another file folder game focused entirely on contracting pronouns with 'will'. I also like this resource because Mrs. Krejdovsky (the creator) has provided a sheet to practice writing each of the contraction. It's free to download here



4. Bingo: This is my favorite way to teach and learn new concepts. It's fun and interactive and keeps children focused. Sooo when I found this game made by Jennifer Wilson, I just knew I had to add it to my shelf. Thanks so much! You can get it free here



5. Contraction Word Sort:  Sort the contractions by verb. It's useful for checking the student's progress and understanding of the contractions used. Thanks for the freebie, Amanda Zanchelli! Get the free file
 here

Hope you enjoy these!

Happy Teaching!

~ Fabi

No comments:

Post a Comment